Wednesday, 24 June 2026

Vietnam Central Jun 2026 Day 7

24 Jun 26

Day 7

Pleiku to Kon Tom

The car journey to Kon Tum took an hour. Kon Tum is an inland city in the Central Highlands close to the borders of Laos and Cambodia. 

Inhabited by many ethnic groups and Kon Tum has very strong French colonial legacy. It was an important city in the highlands of central Vietnam before 1900.

Kon Klor communal house or "Nha Rong" serves the Bahner ethnic community in Kon Klor village. It is used for celebration and community meeting.








Kon Klor Suspension bridge across the Dak Bla River.











St Mary's Cathedral commonly known as Kon Tum Wooden Church is a century old marvel built by Friend missionaries in 1913. First church was built in 1870 to serve the Ba Na ethnic community. It's built of very durable wood and wall made of mud and straw.














Bishop's House of Kon Tum is now a museum featuring local ethnic heritage, artifacts and photos and religious history.
















Around the city centre


I stayed here at Holiday Homestay.









I saw durians sold everywhere since I arrived. Walking back to the hotel  I saw a lady selling durian and notice I can eat at the roadside. Its cheap but not really that great.








No comments:

Post a Comment